- “You”, “your” and “yourself” means the individual or entity visiting or using the Site.
- “We,” “us”, “our” and “ourselves” means McGregor.
- “Site” refers to McGregor’s website, www.mcgregorfund.org , and other related websites, blogs, domains, and mobile sites maintained by McGregor.
- “Non-Personal Information” is any information that is not Personally Identifiable Information.
- “Personally Identifiable Information” is non-public information we receive from your use of the Site that can be used, alone or in combination with other information in our possession, to identify a particular individual. It may include information such as name, address, telephone number and other personal information you provide us.
- Information You Provide: You do not have to provide any Personally Identifiable Information to browse the Site. However, you may voluntarily send us information from the Site, including Personally Identifiable Information. Accordingly, with your consent, we may collect Personally Identifiable Information about you from the following sources:
- Information you give us through a contact page, registration form, questionnaires, online interviews, intra-site messaging, or other forms on the Site;
- Information you send us by any medium, including texts, mail, telephone, and social media interaction; or
- If you use a mobile device platform to access the Site or to communicate with us, information transmitted from your mobile device.
- Use of Information: McGregor collects and processes certain voluntarily submitted Personally Identifiable Information for or to enhance the Site or McGregor’s educational, networking, marketing, social, recruiting activities, endowment activities, grant activities, charitable activities, and for other similar business and organizational purposes. We may also use Personally Identifiable Information to provide you information regarding news or legal developments we believe may interest you. Such Personally Identifiable Information is not shared with entities outside of McGregor other than service providers who assist McGregor in carrying out these business functions or service providers who assist McGregor in administering its grant program(s) or providing requested services or products. McGregor may also share Personally Identifiable Information and other data with its service providers, which may include, contractors, consultants and vendors, to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email, newsletters, charity related materials, endowment related materials, grant related materials, marketing material, postal mail, provide support, arrange for deliveries, operation of the Site technology, internal operations, and other related services; unless you have opted-out of such sharing with these service providers. McGregor keeps track of the pages you visit within the Site for statistical purposes, marketing, site optimization, operational decisions, and law enforcement purposes. This data may also be used to deliver customized content within the Site. McGregor will disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, without notice, for the purpose of preventing criminal activity or disclosing criminal activity, or any other wrongful conduct. McGregor will also disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on McGregor or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of McGregor; (c) comply with a governmental regulation or lawful demand; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or individuals working with McGregor, or the general public. McGregor may combine Non-Personal Information you provide through the Site with information from other users to create aggregate data. Aggregate data does not (i) contain any information that could identify you, or (ii) include your personal contact information.
- Google Chrome: www.google.com
- Do Not Track Notice—How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals: Your browser may provide you with the option to send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites you visit. This signal is used to request that websites not send the requesting device cookies, but websites have no obligation to respond to such signal or to modify their operation. At the current time, the Site is not programmed to recognize Do Not Track signals, so the Site will not treat you differently if we receive such signals from your browser and we may not comply with Do Not Track settings on your browser.
- Publicity Related to Grants: McGregor may publicize the name of the recipient(s) of any grant(s) and the nature and purpose of the grant(s) for marketing, recruiting purposes or any other legitimate purpose related to the business or charitable activities of McGregor.
Links to Other Sites
Use of Aggregate Data
When We May Disclose Your Information
Except as set forth in 2.C. above and as set forth below or as specifically agreed to by You, McGregor will not disclose any Personally Identifiable Information gathered from You on the Site.
- We may share Personally Identifiable information in a limited fashion to our contractors, consultants and service providers that perform services on our behalf or service providers that you have purchased goods or services from directly, in order to provide our goods or services, including operation of the Site technology, marketing services, and other related services. Unless you have opted-out (see Section 6.B. below) of such sharing, these contractors, consultants and service providers also may have access to your email address to send newsletters or other information to you on our behalf. Access to your Personally Identifiable Information by such contractors, consultants and service providers is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the contractor, consultant or service provider to perform its limited function for McGregor.
- We may share Personally Identifiable Information we collect (i) when required or advised to do so in response to a valid legal requirement, such as a state or federal law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order; or (ii) when we suspect criminal or wrongful conduct by a visitor of the Site; or (iii) in special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property, or assert legal rights or defend ourselves in litigation. If we are legally compelled to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to a third-party, we will attempt to notify you unless doing so would violate the law or a court order or result in a potential danger to the public or an individual.
- If you do not want us to share your information with our contractors and service provider, as described above, you can direct us not to share that information by contacting us . An opt-out of information sharing will not apply to information sharing arrangements described Section 6.B.
CAN-SPAM Compliance Notice
McGregor fully complies with the federal CAN-SPAM Act. You can always opt out of receipt of further email correspondence from us. You can elect not to receive emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email or by contacting us as indicated above.
Transfer of Ownership
Notice to Residents of Countries outside of the United States of America
California Privacy Rights
Under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information from companies with whom they have an established business relationship. That information is about the Personally Identifiable Information those companies have shared with third-parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. The law requires companies to inform consumers about the categories of Personally Identifiable Information shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third-parties, and examples of the services or products marketed by those third-parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by McGregor under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact Us via email to email@example.com .
Children’s Privacy Protection
McGregor takes special care to protect the privacy needs of children under the age of 13 and McGregor encourages parents to be an active participant in their child’s online activities. McGregor abides by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and other relevant laws. The Site does not target and is not intended for children under the age of 13, and McGregor will not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from them. If McGregor discovers personal data from a child gathered through the Site, McGregor will eliminate that data. This Site is not intended for persons under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you must ask a parent or legal guardian for permission prior to submitting any information to this Site. If you have knowledge that a child 13 years of age or younger has submitted Personally Identifiable Information to us, please contact us and we will delete the PII information collected belonging to that child. You may contact us via email or by writing to us at the address below. Parents and guardians can also telephone us at the telephone number provided below, but before any information is disclosed, the parent will be required to provide the parent’s name and email address for verification. We will never require the disclosure of a minor’s personal information.
If you are an individual, you may have certain rights under applicable data protection legislation, including the right to review and correct the personal data we hold about you. Unless you reside in California or another jurisdiction that requires us to provide the information without charge, we may charge you a fee to receive a copy of this data. For a copy of or reasonable access to your personal data please contact us at the address below.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of the Personally Identifiable Information we collect, we have implemented physical, electronic, and administrative procedures. These measures are based on commercially reasonable standards that similar companies use. NO DATA TRANSMITTED OVER THE INTERNET, HOWEVER, CAN BE GUARANTEED TO BE 100% SECURE AT ALL TIMES. Although we have implemented security measures to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of such information.
EFFECTIVE DATE: December 1, 2018